Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Schultuete

My sweet assistant at the office is from Germany and she always tries to teach us new words or practices. There is a tradition in Germany for children entering first grade. Parents make them a "schultuete", which is a cone shaped poster board decorated with pictures and stickers and filled with school supplies and candy. The first day of first grade is covered with these giant things. In keeping with her tradition, she made Grant a beautiful one.

My sweet boy.


Right before grant dives into almost the entire
package of Air Heads.


And, a secret update to school. I heard through the grate vine of Mom's in my neighborhood that there was a place made for Grant to attend Cleveland. I've not heard the official news for myself, but a very good source texted me last night with the good news. So, keep your fingers crossed. (School starts next Wednesday and this last minute "ness" is about to make me crazy).

1 comment:

  1. keeping our fingers crossed!! and i love your co-workers tradition!!! so sweet of her to make one for Grant!

    ReplyDelete