Thursday, May 12, 2011

Good Friday

Empty Eggs
I've been out of sorts. Blogs will go a bit out of order. I realized I failed to mention this special day. I went to Grant's school to help out with the Easter Egg hunt. Ms. Donna gave me this *HUGE* basket to hide. All the other parents got little bags of them. I guess we all know about paybacks......she's only had to put up with me for 2 years now. She came on when Grant had been at the YMCA for a few years already. I broke her in. All is fine now, but I  *think* this giant basket had something to do with that.

Grant and Ms. Donna





Grant and Ms. Karen




After hiding about 200 eggs, the kids were let loose to collect as many as possible. Of course when the kids came in to open their precious eggs, there was nothing in them. Yup. The YMCA is sticking to their mission statement....healthy bodies. Way to disappoint a bunch of Kindergartners, YMCA. You should have heard all the upset kids when they opened egg after egg with nothing in them. Dumb idea. Anyway, here are some action shots.

Notice he isn't wearing his jacket.
Still no jacket

?

So midway through this hunt, Grant hands me his basket, asks me to continue looking for eggs FOR him, he something he needs to do. He then ran off. And that's me. Dumbfounded with an Easter basket. I tracked him down a few minutes later. In his jacket. He didn't want to hunt without his "whole outfit" on. 

Grandpa Dod would be proud of Grant's consumption with style. I guess that skips a generation.




The not so favorite black eye avenger girl

Grant and Peyton (his favorite "girl" in class)

Grant and Gael, his buddy




1 comment:

  1. It makes me laugh how he loves that suite!! What little man loves to wear a 3 piece suite! What a guy. And nothing in the eggs!! What is that! That's crazy! I'm disappointed for those kids. Put a cracker or some fruit but don't leave it EMPTY!

    ReplyDelete