Friday, May 27, 2011

Porches and Picnics

I'm behind in posts, as usual. Maybe I should just stop saying that and say I'm right on time. Anyway, last weekend was a busy one. Matt decided to power wash my porch so we could repaint it. I thought it would be an easy quick project. It was not.  It took hours and hours and wore me out. The final product is great, though. Grant helped too. He did a good job painting the steps.


Add caption
As if this project wasn't enough, we had the church picnic as well. After Sunday school we headed home to change and ran back up to church. They had a band and a cotton candy machine, so Grant was very pleased. He spent most of his time playing basketball with Morgan/Fares clan and Sam. Sam will be famous one day. He may be small, but he can dribble and shoot better than most adults I know.


Jack, David, Sam and Grant

Grant, Sam and Jack

The sun, a turtle, Grant, a ladybug and fire

Grant started a project in Sunday school making a pillow case with a scripture from Genesis. He decided he wanted to add more when we got home later.
He changed his mind and painted over the fire with water.
He wanted to be safe and contain the fire.


The final product

No comments:

Post a Comment