Friday, January 20, 2012

GI Joe has a filthy mouth

Yesterday, Grant was getting ready to settle in to watch "Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules" when I asked him to please pick up his shoes and ninja mask off the floor and place them in his room, where they belong. He looked at me angrily and said ***prepare for adult language****

"Mom, you are really starting to piss me off!"

I was stunned. Totally shocked. Where in the world did he get that phrase and how on Earth does he know how to use it correctly.

"Um, what did you just say to me"

"I'm sorry, Mommy (I'm Mommy when he knows he's in big trouble). I didn't mean it. I leery* leery didn't."

*Leery? Leery? You can't even say really right yet you can use adult words appropriately? Where have I gone wrong, here?

I'll tell you. It was GI Joe. Apparently, someone (you know who you are) got him the GI Joe movie and Grant informed me GI Joe says it to some guy in the movie.

Filthy mouthed GI Joe

Excellent. I sent that movie back where it came from earlier this week and told Grant it wasn't allowed in my house. Apparently it has found it's way back in my house via my sweet impressionable child who now curses at his Mommy when asked to clean up.

This is why there are ratings on movies. I explained to Grant that it was very disrespectful to talk to anyone that way, let alone his very own Mommy. He agreed and said it won't happen again.

On a secret note, I'm SO glad it wasn't me he learned that from . This isn't the first time he's repeated something inappropriate.....

1 comment:

  1. bad GI Joe bad! =) velda called juan stupid the other day. i'm afraid she did learn that one from me. =( bad mommy bad. though in my defense, i don't actually call juan stupid in a mean way...just when we are joking.

    ReplyDelete