Thursday, March 10, 2011

Movie Night

Grant has been on TV, video game and neighbor "restriction" until further notice. He's been acting "out" and I reached my limit last weekend. I'm not sure who is feeling the punishment more, myself or Grant. He is in a constant state of whining. CONSTANT.

"Mommmmmm, what am I going to doooo? I'm so bored. When can I play with the neighbors? Tomorrow? That will take forever".

This goes on and on an on. We've done puzzles, bingo, tic tac toe, checkers, Go Fish, well, you get the picture. I've been able to accomplish nothing around the house the past few days.

So, I caved and off to Blockbuster we went. I allowed him to watch movies. Only movies. So he picked this:

Some Japanese Cartoon
Have you seen these movies? Ugghhhh. Grant stumbled upon this "Anime" section of Blockbuster. It isn't even in the "family" section, which is why I was concerned. They aren't  rated, so I had to sit down and actually watch it. They're fine, for you protective parents out there. You're welcome for telling you. Now you don't have to sit through this torture.

I made up a new rule (that's the fun part of parenting, you get to make up stuff as you go along) that every time Grant picked out a movie, I picked out one from my childhood and he had to watch with me. He was less than thrilled. So I picked this:

ET Phone Home
Remember this? Of course. So Grant and I snuggled in and watched it. And...he LOVED it. His favorite scene was when Gert sees ET for the first time. He laughed so hard he almost fell off the bed. Then he paused the movie and replayed it over and over.
Gertie (Drew Barrymore) gets her first look at E.T. in Universal's E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - 1982...

There's nothing better than sharing some of your favorite childhood memories with you kiddo. Hearing him react like made me laugh and then cry. Goodness. What a joy it is to be Grant's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment