Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Zoo

I'm behind in posts, as usual. But, last week we went to the Zoo opening exhibit for the elephants. It's been under construction for 2 years and it's finally done. Zoo members were invited to a special opening so off we went....on one of the worst weather days all week. I was hoping Grant wouldn't want to go, he hates cold as much as I do, but no, he insisted. When we arrived there were giant elephants statues, guys in suits playing the trumpets and mascots.

Camera phone..couldn't crop out random lady in the background

Do you think I took a picture of the actual elephant exhibit? Nope. I didn't even remember to bring in my camera. I was too focused on staying warm. And, once we actually arrived at the exhibit ( I refuse to take the "lazy people train"), Grant watched for 2 minutes and was ready to go on to the next thing. Awesome. And, he asked that I please carry him back, since we don't take the lazy people train. Yup. That's what I get. Of course, I made him walk back himself. He's 5. Come on.  (I tried to carry him, for like 5 minutes. He weighs more than I thought)

Grant insists on getting on the statues and getting his picture taken

No comments:

Post a Comment