Monday, March 26, 2012

No More Rain

It's been raining way too much for me the last few weeks. This weekend was  a perfect weekend for being outside, as the rain finally moved elsewhere. I took advantage of the sun after work on Friday and Grant and I walked to the park. Grant made a few friend's and played some bad guy game and even gave one of the little boys part of his toy blocks (with which they had made pretend guns).


Being a cheese ball while enjoying his Izzy

Picnic with cheese and grapes


Not sure how I managed to get this picture with
NONE of the other children that were there. It was
packed.
 Saturday Grant went to the movies with Paul and came home early afternoon and we went hiking at Martin Nature Park....along with the rest of OKC. I've never seen it so packed. We went to our usual spot and I we   was horrified at the amount of people. People not just jumping through the creek or wading around, people were actually attempting to swim. Swim. In the filthy, nasty, brown creek water. Grant looked at me and knew exactly what NOT to do. Not to even think about it.  I was convinced he'd pick up some nasty microbe in that water. He played around for about an hour and then promptly fell right on his "rear-end" while crossing the bridge. Needless to say, the walk home was a tough one, but he made it.

Once again I managed to somehow leave out the
rest of OKC that was in our spot.

He requested I take this picture of  him on top
of the hill


One super excited boy.....not. He was not thrilled with me asking
him to pose for the camera. He was ready to roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment