Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm behind

I'm behind in my posts. It's been a tough week. Grant woke up with Strep throat in the middle of the night last week. I took him to the doctor who was baffled because he didn't know how to treat Grant due to all of his allergies to antibiotics. We sat for an hour while Dr. Thompson called other docs and hospitals and finally infectious control doctor to see how to treat poor little sick Grant.

They came up with something absurd, which was to put him in the hospital for 10 days to "de-sensitize" Grant to Penicillin.

Umm, what? I panicked.

Then they decided to try some crazy drug that stunts bone growth in Beagles.

Umm, what again? I got sick to my stomach.

Finally, they tried a drug he hasn't been allergic to since he was a baby, good ole Clindamycin. And, it's working. And he's fine.

Meanwhile, my hot water tank went out at the same time.

I also hit my NEW car on my OWN garage and totally wrecked up the bumper. So, I've been grouchy and overwhelmed.

Today is a new and better day, and I decided to catch up the posts.

Grant started summer camp last week (well, for a few days, before he got sick). See:

First day of camp. I was so worried. He was not.
He had a blast.

We went to a wedding. Luke danced and danced. Grant sat in a chair and did not. (Just like his old Mom)



We went To Nene's and Mike's for Mike's birthday.

Grant, Connor and O'Brian playing in Nene's birthday
present from Mike.
I'm looking forward to a better week!

1 comment:

  1. what a bummer about your car! i would be so frustrated!! i hope today was much better...and i love the pics of Grant and Luke (?) from the wedding! WAY TOO CUTE!! he is such a handsome little man in his tie!

    ReplyDelete