Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summertime

Grant and I have been enjoying the summer. Camp is going very well and he loves it, which gives me huge relief. They've been going to the library twice a week and his camp leader told me he's doing so well he's actually tutoring some of the other kids that are struggling to read.

Nothing in this world makes me happier than hearing that not only is he above where he needs to be, but he's taking time to recognize others struggles and trying to help them learn. I'm all teary just thinking of it. Grant has the kindest sole. And apparently, an excellent reading brain. I'm so proud.







Grant also no longer enjoys hugging me or giving me a kiss when I drop him off. This also makes me all teary.  On one hand I'm thrilled he's growing up, spreading his wings. On the other hand, I hate it. I miss our morning hugs and kisses. I can slowly see this independence creeping up on me and it's just awful.

We've been watching the Thunder games together (I make him go to bed at half and first thing the next morning he wants to know who won and what the score was). He loves KD and Westbrook. He shoots hoops on my bedroom door the entire first half, stopping to yell at the refs from time to time (I have no idea where he gets that from....).

He "Thundered" himself up with a highlighter.
Even had the colors correct. Notice he isn't wearing a
shirt? Yea, that's the new phase. No shirt when we're home.

1 comment:

  1. My girls love KD too. Last night they made us Thunder tickets so we could go to the game. Ha! Too bad we didn't pull out a win last night, but I haven't lost hope....yet.
    And congrats on your little reader! What a kind hearted little boy to help others.

    ReplyDelete