Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Break Busted

So, I had the great idea of taking off on Friday and Monday in order to spend time with G and Stephen and enjoy a little time off. G went with his Dad on Friday night and I planned a Wine and Palette night with Stephen. You know, the places you go and an artist teaches you how to paint a picture?

That went well.

Sort of.

We did not remotely paint what the instructor told us to. Stephen decided to paint choice phrases about his wife on his canvas. I quickly painted over them. He looked around and realized he was the only guy in the place and quickly made friends with everyone on our aisle and the one across from us.


Here we are happy and ready to paint.


This is right before Stephen veered off course. Way off course.

This is his "finished" product...after about 20 paint
overs by me. I'll admit, he made it a good time for himself.


This is my ugly "finished" product. This is what happens
when you are constantly looking over your shoulder at
your husband's painting to see if it's "appropriate" or not.
Really, the ugliness has nothing to do with his distractions. I simply
suck at painting. This looks like Jelly Fish on acid.

We went home to a deflated me and a very happy husband. I woke up later that night very sick and ended up in the ER on Sunday with a kidney infection. Needless to say, I spent the entire break and then some in bed. The whole time. It was terrible. G was a little trooper and looked after me along with Stephen and now I'm on the mend, totally bummed out I missed out on a vacation with G.

1 comment:

  1. I look like an idiot!!!!!! You sure look beautiful though. My sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete