Friday, March 1, 2013

My Mathematician in the Chaos

The days lately are flying by. Our house has been a revolving door for the neighbors. Kids in and out constantly. Sword fighting, basketball playing, xbox competitions and Kindle mania.

I live in a house full of boys.

Boys are messy.

So is the dog.
>
But, I have a great husband who tries to make it look like boys aren't messy and dogs aren't hairy.

Anyway, Grant had a tough day yesterday (I won't go into detail, but his little heart was broken) so we decided to load up and go to Dave and Buster's to mend the broken heart. We arrived in full force and the boys were off. And I mean off. They ran off. With their charged cards. We would see them from time to time as they ran to other games. About 45 minutes into our venture Kristie calls and wants to know how we're coming on Aidan's project.

What?

A project?

So off we go to find and Aidan and sure enough, there is a project due. Tomorrow. That will be presented on STAGE. So we asked what is the project about?

We get no real response. Other than there is some word he's supposed to write about and illustrate.

What is the word, Aidan?

No idea.

Stephen jumped into action, we ran out of Dave and Buster's and hauled to Target for poster board and fishing line and markers......and, after a few phone calls, Stephen finally found out the word.

CRYPTIC

Needless to say, last night was not enjoyable for any of us. well, maybe the 45 minutes of pre-project bliss.

Right in the middle of this chaos, I get a text from Mrs. Grizzle (G's teacher) that he is being honored at the school assembly for mathematics tomorrow.

What?

So, I asked Grant: Are you getting an award tomorrow?

Yes.

This prompted me into a lecture on ADVANCE NOTICE from both boys. We all know what a planner I am and this last minute notification will NOT work for Mama Bear, as Stephen would say.

The boy genius


Two awards, not just one. I was so surprised.

Grant insisted Mrs. Grizzle take a photo of both of us
holding his awards. Oh, and, he was character kid of the
week as well for service. I love my little over
achiever!


No comments:

Post a Comment