Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Peace and Quiet...too quiet

Since Aidan has been with his Mom this week and G didn't have homework last night, things were pretty quiet around the house. I chose to ignore the laundry and try and make something way too advanced for my cooking skills.

Apparently I'm not an "intermediate" cook yet.

Dumb ratings.

I'll stick with "easy" and prep time of "30 minutes"







My husband will sometimes send me pics of him at
work. It makes me feel better. He works too much
and I miss his face. This tides me over until he gets home.


G and myself. I just sat down and didn't know what to do next.
So, I watched Cartoon Network.

I didn't like whatever was on, but G assured me not only was
it a good show, but it was a new episode.



This is the peas and pesto pasta I made last night.

It was not good.

It was not bad, either.

Making your own pesto is silly. Just buy it from the store,
if you want my honest opinion.

I did find a Praying Mantice in our basil plants, though, so that was cool.
                                                      

This is Ina Garten. She's been helping me navigate
through having enjoying cooking dinners. She's awesome.

I bet she would have hated my pesto pasta, though.

She'd say something like,
"Don't quit your day job".
                                                       

1 comment:

  1. I love Ina Garten! Keep on keeping on, Girl. I know you will get the hang of it. Maybe we could convince Ina to let us come stay at her amazing house and feed us delicious food while she teaches us her secrets of cooking. Yep, I'd go for that! :)

    ReplyDelete