Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pokemon, Performances and Pretty Girls

Auntie Lauren and Sam popped by on Sunday and Grant had an elaborate surprise to show us all. He had arranged all three decks of his Pokemon cards all over the room. I guess that's fun? I don't know...

We decided to head to the mall since Aidan was with his Mom and Stephen was at work. Auntie Lauren was working at the Gap so we dropped in to shop. I tried on numerous dresses that looked like potato sacks on me and gave up.

Grant however, suddenly found a blazer and some green jeans he felt he MUST try on.

TRY ON? I hate trying on clothes. Always have. But this child loves it. He showed himself to the dressing room and wouldn't allow me in. He came out and approved the outfit.

Umm, great. Luckily there was a sale and we had a legitimate reason to make the purchase. (I can legitimize anything, by the way, when it comes to purchasing clothes, watches and purses). Stephen says we'll never save a penny if I can "legitimizing" everything. Waugh waugh.

The reason: his upcoming performance at school. Ta da! The second grade was performing Disney movie songs and you were to dress as your favorite character. I asked G who he thought he could be with this outfit. We brainstormed and together came up with Stuart Little's Dad. Very debonair!

And finally, my last blog title: Pretty Girls. I picked up G from school on Monday and he informed me he kissed a girl at recess.

Deep Breath in, Mommy.

Really, G? Who?

Brody.

(Brody is a girl, I asked. It's totally a boy name, but whatever)

Where did you kiss her?

On the cheek, after she kissed me.

He goes on to say that Monday's are kissing Mondays and Brody rotates who she allows to kiss her each week. This Monday was G's turn.

I told him to take himself off the rotation. Effective immediately. You don't want a rotating girl.

OMG! Second grade is totally freaking me out.





Quite the nice and neat layout. Unfortunately he got the
OCD from me.


See the bunk below him? He covered every area
with Pokemon cards. The onlyplace left for him to go
was the top bunk.


I asked G to pose GQ style. He nailed it.
Very serious face.


That's better. My little ham.

Once again I can't get these to rotate.


G and Mrs. Cochrane, his music teacher.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete