Monday, November 7, 2011

Football, Earthquakes, and Shoe Tying

What a Saturday. We woke up and got ready to go to the Science Museum and Grant decided to show me he could really really tie his own shoes now.

Shoe tying action shot

Ta Da!

The Science Museum was fun. Grant ran into a friend from school and we went into the Earthquake exhibit.


Teeter Totter with Halston

Grant was practicing dialing 911 at the Museum

Who knew just a few hours later we would feel our very own quake. Talk about a strange feeling. Grant slept through it.

I had just finished having my nerves totally worked over by the OSU Kansas State game and was frazzled. Suddenly it felt like a jet plane was landing on my house. A loud rumbling sound followed. Everything began to shake.

What did I do, you ask?

Nothing. I laid in bed like a ding dong and reviewed every movie I had seen to determine what exactly I should do. Of course the movie, "Knocked Up" was the last movie I saw and they all ran outside. By the time I decided that's probably what I should do, it was over.

That's right, everyone. A 5.6 magnitude earthquake hits and Ashley lays in bed and mentally reviews movie scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment