Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Army within....my purse

I came home last night to Grant jumping up and down needing his Army guys I had in my purse. He decided it would be best if they stayed in there while he was at practice for the Christmas program at church. After searching through my relatively small purse, I managed to pull out several Army guys. Apparently we've had a lot of times when the guys are better off in my purse....

I snapped this photo, which irritated Grant. He said they
weren't right.


Apparently this is how I should have had them.
Lined up in a row.  Lesson learned.

I realized that despite Grant leaving shoes and toys throughout the house, when he plays, he's very organized. Things are always lined out perfectly and plans are always made before the actual make believing takes place.

Then it dawned on me. Could it be he has genetically gained my OCD behaviour? It would appear so, but it in a very different way. Which means, I will unfortunately have to continue to be driven crazy by all the little boobie traps he sets inadvertently with his shoes, Lego's, guys and books. I was a little thrilled with the prospect of a kid that loved to be neat and organized. Maybe he will grow into a more helpful OCD that would include cleaning up his own messes and organizing his drawers, but for now, he seems content right where he is. And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment