Thursday, April 5, 2012

The "Chicken Place"

Grant ran into my room a few days ago and asked, "Can we go to the chicken place so I could get a pie".

"What?"

"A chicken pie. You know, the chicken place. I leery want a chicken pie".

"Okay. We can get one tomorrow after Tae Kwon Do practice"

After a few more questions I realized he wanted a chicken pot pie from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Grant's in a new phase of really absorbing what commercials are selling. I've never served him a chicken pot pie. I don't like them and have never bought one, so I though it would be fair to let him try one out.

A few months ago he ran into to tell me I had to call some long number to save animals from dying. Today. Right now. It's only pennies a day.

Thanks, Sarah McLaughlin. My child thinks I am responsible for not saving the abused animals.

Why does Cartoon Network run these ads? They should run commercials for laundry detergent, Swiffers, Windex, things that would motivate him to help keep the house clean, instead of every toy made on the planet made to look like it's the only toy any child should ever have. And then those sad, animal commercials and child sponsors (we sponsor a kiddo through World Vision, so he actually doesn't bug me about those..anymore). They even convinced him he needed a My Little Pony......

Anyway, enough of that little rant. Here's some pics, as usual, of our pot pie evening.


The "chicken pie"

Apparently, when eating a chicken pot pie, you need to
only wear underwear.

And you just leave your clothes right in the middle of the kitchen
floor because you're so excited to eat.

Post pie. How sweet is this? He fell asleep like this. My little angel.

***A note. Grant did not really like his pot pie. In fact, all he ate out of it was the chicken and peas. That's IT.       

Awesome, Grant. I love you. To the moon. And to the unfound planets, not including Pluto, as you so elequently pointed out to Mommy that it was no longer considered a planet, and back again.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is one sweet sleeping little boy. Whenever I look at my kids' sleeping faces, I think my heart will burst with just how much I love them. It always gets me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the commercials!! And Velda always seems to point out the ones she wants for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete