Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Bonanza

Easter came and went and I'm tired, y'all.

Tired.

As the bunny's assistant, I was a busy lady. Aiding with baskets, egg dying, cake baking, egg hunting, and candy eating.

Grant and I went to Dallas on Good Friday. We spent the entire at the afternoon at the pool (exhausting, I know) followed by dinner.


Dallas driving makes me a little  irritable



Umm, this is a long story. His new friend Tony
was teaching him a few things...Tony is a grown up. I'll
leave it at that.




 Jason had an apparent bunny visit his house as well and created a spectacular scavenger hunt. At the end of the clues Grant found his most desired present.

An umbrella. A Spider man umbrella.

I wish the bunny knew about that the night before when he swung by my house with an entire basket of games, markers, Lead Pad accessories, candy and other goodies.



 We woke up sort of early and came home. To rain. And cold. And yuck weather.

Somewhere near Purcell. Crumby weather.

I realized after a few minutes of re-organizing that I had indeed forgotten something. Important.

Like coloring Easter Eggs.




This is the part when Grant left. After coloring 6 egg, he bailed.

Hr did show up later and say he was hungry. His only choice-
Boiled eggs.
Once I *started* that project, "we" decided we should make a carrot cake as well. I'm not really sure why I thought it was a good idea to start two major messy projects at the same time. This is very out of character for me. I do NOT like stuff everywhere in the kitchen and we had stuff all over. The place. Even on the stove for space, not cooking.

Anyway, after we I finished that project it was time to get ready for Church. I had everything all laid out, ready for an easy morning of getting ready.

Right. Uh, huh. Do ya think that happened?

No.

Grant and I got into our usual argument on the amount of time it actually takes to get ready and he ended up getting everything he owns taken away from him.

All of it. I meant it. I did. He is able to read books and play in his room. For now. Until he can learn to listen....and I can learn better parenting. On occasion, I'm slightly overwhelmed.

Anyway, church was awesome and our hunts were so much fun. Nannie had a ton of eggs hidden and lots and lots of candy in each and every egg. THANKS, Nannie. Especially those golden chocolate Wonka eggs. They are so much fun to be around after your child has eaten an entire one in 3 bites. I think he's still on that sugar high....




We ended the night at Auntie Lauren and Janie's family's log cabin for a giant egg hunt. Giant. Over 300 eggs. With candy and money. And...Luke was there. Grant's Easter was complete.






Thanks to everyone for the wonderful Easter!!! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of easter egg hunts. That kid should be loaded by now!! =) Glad you two had a wonderful easter!

    ReplyDelete