Thursday, December 20, 2012

What the Wind Blows Down

Last night the wind here was ridiculous. It blew everything outside across the street, down the block, upside down, you name it. It also blew all the pecans down from our trees. I thought it would be cute for me to tell Grant I'd give him a nickel for every pecan he picked up, thinking he'd get bored after a few minutes. Stephen sent me this picture, two hours after my clever idea!


A FIVE gallon bucket full of pecans.

 So apparently I owe him like $300. Careful with your clever ideas, Mom's. Especially when there is a clever husband and step Dad who likes to help.

2 comments:

  1. oh man. he totally robbed you there!! =) i love that you have a pecan tree too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see many pecan pies in your future! :)

    ReplyDelete