Monday, April 15, 2013

A "Boys" Weekend

I was reviewing our weekend photos and it dawned on me the entire weekend was filled with boy stuff. 
Saturday Uncle Rich and Aunt Dixie came for a visit in their fancy old car. Of course Rich told me what it was and when it was built, but all I heard was "car" and thought is was shiny and pretty.

See:



Dixie and Rich


Grant got in, too. He thought is was very cool.
 Sunday we went to church and then out of nowhere, Stephen decides to **STOP** watching the Master's and take us all fishing.

He bought very smelly bait.

The boys (except for G, he wouldn't dare touch it. He ran from it, actually) all smelled like the smelly bait.

We did not catch anything.

I broke one of Stephen's weird fishing poles. Some kind of fancy something or rather. You have to hold it upside down or something.

I don't know. I won't be using it again......





We left the lake, without any fish, with two smelly boys and me. We were headed to Chelino's when I jokingly said, hey, do you want Hooter's instead?

Smart thinking.....

Grant immediately got excited and there was no changing his mind. So off we went to Hooter's.



The boys. And me. At Hooter's all wind blown
and at a table with smelly catfish bait boys.



Grant was SO excited. And SO embarrassed.
This is our waitress, Anna. She was very kind
to Grant, although he couldn't look at her when he
spoke and was bright red the whole time.



Grant, reviewing the note she wrote to him.
Aidan was totally not interested. He was too busy
coloring his menu.

I was proud of Aidan. He wasn't a big fan of ladies wearing clothes like that and felt it was degrading to woman. I appreciate his heart and consciousness. Grant on the other hand, since he was 3, loves "outfits" like that. I remember coming home from his first Thunder game and he asked if I could cook dinner in one of their outfits with the tall boots, too. Some things never change, I guess.

I'm in for a world of hurt come  his teen age years....
                                                               


Pretty funny. He asked me to put this in his memory
book. He wants to call her when he's 18!


2 comments:

  1. The stink goes away, you know!!!! Someone has to bait the hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i come and git him

    ReplyDelete