Friday, May 10, 2013

Fire Pits and Boys

Last night Stephen put the boys to work digging dirt for the new herb garden we're putting in. I was busy cleaning the house and didn't go outside for awhile.

When I finally did make my way outside, I saw this:


The new Fire Pit.
 I thought we were building an herb garden?



Herb Garden.

Digging dirt for the herb garden.
 Notice the shovel size difference? You can toatlly tell Aidan was working his behind off and Grant was more interested in the fire pit. Anyway, in all fariness, Stephen had built the fire pit in the afternoon, I just wasn't aware we were breaking it in already.

I learned quickly that when there is a fire buring, there will be no more herb garden construction. The boys gathered wood and threw it in the pit for an hour. It was nice, though.



Boys and fire. Totally mesmerized. Even Jack Jack.


1 comment:

  1. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

    Your loving husband

    ReplyDelete