Friday, May 17, 2013

Nicknames

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, http://thepioneerwoman.com/, the other day and Ree mentioned she had at least 15 names for her dog. This triggered a conversation that Stephen had with me a few weeks ago about how many names I have for Grant. Apparently I need to just call him Grant.

I can't seem to call him just Grant.

I've tried.

Every time one of his sweet nicknames comes right out of my mouth.



How could you NOT have a nickname for that sweet face?

Here's a list of his nicknames since birth (and no, I am NOT crazy. Even Ree Drummond does this)

  1. Punky (as a new born)
  2. Biscuit (no idea how I came up with that)
  3. Turkey Leg (long story, this was for when he was being a challenge)
  4. Angel
  5. Angie (short for Angel, again, no idea)
  6. Angiovese (another long story)
  7. Put
  8. Put Put (??)
  9. Pumpkin
  10. Pump
  11. And most recently, just "G"
Okay, so even my Dad had nicknames for all his animals and his girls.

To name a few: Chubby Cheeks, little angel, buttercup, chip chip, Geesh, The little dusty boy...I could go on an on.

I'm not sure where this post is headed, but clearly, the nickname thing is genetic. Even my sweet sister has numerous names for her doggies.

I guess I'll try to stick to just one nickname from now on. Grant whispered in my ear the other day it was okay if I called him those names, just no one else could.

My sweet angel.

2 comments:

  1. Cut the cord!!!!


    Your loving husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's endearing!! one day he may grow out of them, till then, enjoy each and every name!! =) maybe all the boys need some nicknames!!!

    ReplyDelete