Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Proud to be an Oklahoman

I feel like I should blog about the horrific tornado that went through Moore on Monday. It's all anyone can speak of. I've been glued to Twitter and the news since it happened. We are so blessed to have been safe and our family that was there was not too terribly affected. I saw something today on Twitter that completely summed up to me what it means to be an Oklahoman, even in tragedy.



These are hundreds of people lined up waiting to be allowed into neighborhoods to help clean up. There have been so many charities set up and local businesses donating time and money. Grant's school took time out to make cards to send to the children in Moore. I even bought a shirt from a local shop that 100% of the proceeds are given to the Red Cross. http://t.co/6aIu6bJLe9

That being said, we continue to pray and support our fellow Oklahomans as best we can and perhaps remind the rest of the world what it means to have compassion and kindness. It seems the world has become harsh and it's nice to see there really is genuine empathy and selflessness out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment