Monday, June 17, 2013

Camp Dakani

The boys had their Grand Council Fire on Friday. It brought back so many memories for me. Everything was just the same as when I was there 25 years ago.... (yikes, I'm totally old).

The consensus from the boys was while camp was fun, they would NOT be back next year.

It was very hot.

Too hot.

There were lots of bugs and dirt. Grant came home covered in some sort of bug bite.



His back looked like he had Chicken Pox!
 I thought we made it through camp with no ticks on either boy, but Grant surprised me at the grocery store this weekend with one in his head. Yuck. I took him straight home (after we got the beloved Drum Sticks ice cream cones) and Stephen took it out.




The entrance to Grant's Camp.
Noticed he signed his name in block letters...
I used to do the same thing.
 

Grant insisted on wearing snow boots.
???????
 Stephen toured Aidan's camp while I toured Grant's, hence no pictures of Aidan's counselors. By the time Grant and I headed towards his camp, they were already on their way back. Everyone had a mission to get hot dogs and get home!



The camp assistant (forgot his name), G and Mr. Wizard (Bryan).


Here's Aidan, one of the last groups to go in
the 3000 degree temperature. I don't blame him
for not paying attention.


There's Aidan and Jaxon is farther down
the line. He's the tallest one.

On the way home....Grant loves to stick his head
out of the back window of Stephen's truck.





No comments:

Post a Comment