Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Little Catcher

Last night was eventful, to say the least. Grant had his first game of the season and was drafted to play catcher.

He's never played catcher.

It was 95 degrees.

He had to wear all this stuff.

I was worried. (What else is new, I know).



Quick lesson on catching from Stephen.


How great is this? I had so much fun last night.
Stephen played first base coach and burnt up, but
I think he had fun too.


Grant making his first catch.

Stephen knew exactly what to do and gave him a very quick intro on how to be a catcher.

He did great! He stopped a lot of balls with his face mask (glad they make those). He kind of walked like a transformer, but had a good time.

And....he had TWO RBI's. I was so excited.  The YMCA doesn't keep score, but G does. We won 4-0.



Grant first practice outfit. He wanted to wear the hat
Grandpa Dod got him from Arizona. He also requested
to listen to Grandpa Dod's song before the first game.
I love that he remembers my Dad and keeps him close
to his heart. I know Dad would be proud.

I stopped by and got Jersey Mike's for him and half way through his sandwich he comes into the kitchen and asks me to just pull his wiggly tooth. He had had enough of it. I told him it might hurt and he said just do it.

It took me three tries, bless his heart, but he didn't even flinch. And, went right back to eating his sandwich. He never ceases to surprise me. Tough little guy!



The tooth fairy visited


She was kind of enough to email a picture of him sleeping
before she took his tooth.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the flowers I brought you today.

    Your loving husband,

    JST

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite line: he stopped a lot of balls with his face mask!! i was cracking up!!!

    ReplyDelete