Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Buck Up Kid

Monday was filled with lots of phone calls, songs, emails and hugs for my birthday. It's been a celebration week and there is still Homecoming on Friday.

Go Pokes.

I love those Cowboys. And their bright orange.

I'll stop that now. I'll redirect my focus.

Grant Matthias (yes, I dropped the middle name)is little bit too much like me. I decided this on Monday. Gaga offered to take him to get me a present and he said he'd pass.

What a mess of a child. Why would you say that to your dear old sweet Mom?

I asked him. G, why wouldn't you want to at least make me a card?

His response: Well, buck up kid. Sometimes that's just the way it is. Sorry.

I have used those exact words on him. Verbatim.

So happy birthday to me. Lesson learned...from an 8 year old. I miss my sensitive creative step son who is in Mexico who I KNOW would have made Grant make me a card. And not told me to buck up.



My office rocks and had the break room filled
with all my favorite rabbit food and balloons.

One of the nurse's took a picture for me.
This is what 36 looks like, apparently.

Wes and Imo had a family celebration for all the October
birthdays. There are 4 of us. Rick, Rand, myself and Keith.


And here's my sweet G. Who is "allowing" me to take
his picture because he didn't get me a birthday card.


1 comment: