Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Aidan!!!!

Last night we FINALLY got Aidan home. He spent time in Mexico and time with his Mom and he came home last night to a belated celebration of his 11th birthday.

In normal Thornhill fashion, Aidan got to pick what he wanted for the bash.

He picked pork neck bones. And an ice cream cake.

PORK NECK BONES!!!

I have no idea how to cook them, where to get them or what to serve with them.

So I winged it and made a baked potato bar. And cooked those bones for hours. Stephen came home and finished them. Apparently they have to be browned up a bit.

For the record, I do not like bones. Nor do I like the way they smell. But what is the worst about them is watching people eat them. You actually have to crack them. Pull at "joints" to get meat out. I was totally weirded out, but was pleased that G tried them and seemed to like them. He likes his with mustard.

I was happy, though. Aidan was thrilled and very appreciative and ate almost the entire plate.

I'm also happy I won't have to make them for an entire year.

The boys then went outside and had a silly string battle. Which only lasted about 3 minutes. Those cans empty out quicker than they used to. I attempted to capture teh battle, but they moved too quickly. And I got caught in the crossfire...

Here are pictures totally out of order. Oh well.



The boys, after the Silly String battle.

Dinner table. I labeled everything for your viewing
ease. It's a lot to take in. And clearly Grant was wired
up from the sparkling cider.

Aww. Lighting the candles.

The boys diggin in to the neck bones....
blahhh.

Happy Birthday, Aidan! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment