Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Indian Night

Last night my sweet husband decided he wanted to expose our kids to a different culture with dinner. He made chicken and rice with a curry sauce and tortillas (we forgot flat bread) and let the boys eat with their hands, as is customary in Indian culture. Apparently you're really only supposed to use your right hand, as the left is viewed as unclean. I feel bad for those left handers when it comes to this type of meal. Anyway, the boys were really excited and actually ate well. (We struggle to get them to eat enough). I snapped a few photos, but at this point, the boys are SO over me photographing them. Aidan just won't even let me anymore, unless I catch him of guard.




Attempting a family picture before we started...notice
Grant. Little turkey.


My second attempt....no go.


Got it! caught them off guard. This is right when they
learned we didn't have to use forks.

The chicken and Basmati rice

**I** cooked these. Ta da!
I can kind of cook. Sometimes.
Sort of.

The magic curry sauce, as my Dad would say.
Everything Dad made was "magic". This sauce was
amazing!



I couldn't forget Jack. He's always near the table at dinner time.
Sleeping, usually.

1 comment: