Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Changes

I picked up Grant yesterday and he was playing basketball by himself. Just shooting some hoops. For whatever reason it dawned on me that we were down to the final days of school. G would be a first grader in a matter of moments.

So I did what I always do when I realize the obvious.

Got emotional. And took pictures so I can remember the moment I got all emotional for the millionth time while watching this little boy grow up.



We came home and I did my usual struggle to get him to eat ALL of his dinner. However, I am a total genius and made each area of dinner have a captain. Grant's into the newest ridiculous fab of Squinkies. Little mini plastic bouncy figures. It's weird. But, it keeps him occupied for awhile.


See. Each area has a captain. Green Latern at spinach, Captain
America at rice, some guy I don't know at meat and some other guy I don't
know at Olives.




Think what you will about me, but it worked.



We also reviewed his year end report card. He did great!
In everything. He was pleased and so am I.


And, here's some of his last art projects at school.




1 comment:

  1. My girls like Squinkies too. Ugh. Another little thing to freak out over when lost. But I do think you are a total genius for having a Squinkie captain at each food station. I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete